Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July

To start off, today is day 2 of Tour de Fleece and I finished my first yarn.

Is is a super coiled yarn. I plied a 192 yard single onto a thread. It turned into 31 yards total.

Then I started on my next bit of yarn. I wanted to make patriotic yarn, but had no red or blue. So, I dyed some wool myself with Kool Aid.

I mixed and microwaved for nearly two hours. Then I let the roving dry. Luckily it was quite hot out, so I only had to wait an hour before I could spin it.

While I waited, I treated myself to some tea.

Then I spun singles.

Plied the yarn and made it into pom poms.

But the pom poms wouldn't fit through my Lendrum, so I spun the pom poms into a white single on my spindle. The yarn is suppose to look like it has fireworks. There are thirteen pom poms representing the thirteen colonies. Happy 4th of July!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...