Monday, September 27, 2010

Ferry Ride

Dad and I took the ferry to Auckland so we could visit Grandad's stockbroker. I love riding on the ferry. It seems like the trip was a lot longer when I was little, but it only takes 15 minutes to get from Devonport to Auckland.

The stockbroker is in the second tallest building in the picture below.

The view was breathtaking from the building. I may have had a bit of vertigo looking down.

When we got back to Devonport, I talked Dad into stopping by the cemetery on Mount Victoria. It is a very steep cemetery.


Unlike all the tombstones I've seen in the States, many of the ones here had metal lettering rather than letters carved into the stone.

There were also a few Maori tombstones.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...