Friday, September 24, 2010

The Wizard In The Middle Of Nowhere

Today Dad and I went to the Matakana Farmers' Market. It wasn't nearly as big as the one back home, but it was still quite nice.

I can't say I've ever seen beer for sale at the market back home.

We came away with two beers, one apple cider, and a canvas bag.

We poked around Matakana for a bit. I learned that the reason I haven't found a thrift store in New Zealand is because they are not called thrift stores. If ever you find yourself in New Zealand, look for the opportunity shops. I found a cute little dish for my bar soap.

We were rather hungry after seeing the farmers' market, but the cafes were all full (and a bit overpriced) in Matakana, so we continued on to Leigh.

We had a nice mocha, chocolate cake, and sandwich at the Swell Cafe.

We weren't ready to be done with our adventure, so we carried on. The road we ended up on seemed quite narrow. That was until we saw a sign that said, "Narrow Road Ahead." Dad said, "I though that this WAS narrow."

I spotted a sign that said Pakiri Beach, so we headed down bumpy road until we found this.

I don't think I've ever been on such a large, almost completely deserted beach. It went on forever.

The adventure was nearing a close. We were still in the middle of nowhere. And I do mean nowhere, when I saw this guy. Seems that a farmer had a good sense of humor, and perhaps a little too much time on his hands.

1 comments :

Unknown said...

That's a very special wizard.. at my family farm in Pakiri.. carved by the late Dennis Rastovich.. the most unique, loving, intriguing, giving, talented, inspiring, influential human being I have ever had the grace and glory of knowing.. Such a blessing to have his wizard watching out for us

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...