Monday, July 25, 2011

Chief Crafting Engineer

I'm back from two weeks of camp. Man am I tired! But it was so worth it.

When the campers started to arrive, I helped out at the front of the camp. The official dress code for guiding cars: orange visibility vests and lightsabers. We were asked to make lightsaber noises while guiding cars. There was also a discussion about how we would have looked more like CalTrans workers if we didn't have the lightsabers.

At the beginning of each week we did a staff flashmob. (This video is from the second week, which was better rehearsed than the first week. I show up half way through in the back leftish corner. I don't have a blue shirt on.)

Since I wasn't cabin staff, junior staff, or anything with a particular title, I gave myself one. I was referred to as the craft engineer for most of my time at camp. I spent 5 weeks prepping the crafts, two weeks doing them with campers, and two hours cleaning it all up in the end.

I was so busy, I didn't really take any pictures of the different crafts. I did however manage to snap a picture of our lanyard setup. I remember some of those sample lanyards from when I was a brand new camper. (Which was maybe 15 years ago)

The snack shack was open during freetime. Among many yummy snacks, there were snow cones. Mmmm. Lime snow cone.

1 comments :

Ashleigh Pie said...

Lightsabers?! Sounds like you had a great time :-)


Ps that snowcone looks very refreshing

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...