Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 Creative Recap

I'd been wondering if it was in good taste to have a recap, but then I decided that this is for me. I have a hard time remembering what I've been up to, so seeing it all in one place makes me feel like I was productive. This year I've decided to separate the knitting into two categories: my designs and other people's designs. I've knit more than what will be shown, but I didn't take pictures of everything and I'm certain I've accidentally left some knits out.

First off are all my designs. The bottom left corner has four designs that are going into the book.
Row 1: Bear hat, Sheep hat, Fox hat,
Row 2: Giraffe hat, Bear hat, Bear hat
Row 3: Giraffe hat, Fox hat, Lion hat
Row 4: Lion hat, Appalachia, Blue footed boobie hat,
Row 5: Blue footed boobie hat, Sprig, Bear hat (with panda colors)
Row 6: Sprig hat, Free bees, Elven hero
Row 7: Silent snow, Scooter's blanket, The Book designs x4

This year I finished knitting my first ever sweater. I didn't stop there, though. I ended up knitting three adult sweaters and one child's sweater.
Row 1: Fireside sweater, Leyburns, Koolhaas
Row 2: Moose, Emilien sweater, Mitered mittens
Row 3: Mini socks, Gnarled oak cardigan

I also started to read more regularly in July. I finally finished the rest of the Anne of Green Gables series (#4-8), the Bible from cover to cover, Treasure Island, Tom Sawyer, Hans Brinker, Secret Garden, and Black Beauty.

I do have a few things in progress. My Rocky Coast Cardigan, a pair of Boromir socks, another secret design for The Book, and I'm reading 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea.

Whew! 

5 comments :

Maryse said...

I guess I discovered your blog too recently to realize that all those hats were your designs. Congratulations! They are all very cute! Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous work! I think having a recap helps to make sense of the year and give yourself a well-deserved pat on the back (no irony meant). You've worked hard, and it shows in your productivity. Go you for an amazing 2012! Happy New Year. x

Andi G said...

What a wonderfully productive year you have had my friend. You have grown into such an amazing designer. I can't wait to see where you go from here!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you have so many designs! You have been a busy lady this year and it definitely shows in your recap

Jennifer said...

I didn't realize you did all of those designs this year. Congrats and good for you!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...