Monday, April 23, 2012

Color Lovers - 3KCBWDAY1

Today kicks off the Third Annual Knitting And Crochet Blog Week. Today's topic is as follows:

Colour is one of our greatest expressions of ourselves when we choose to knit or crochet, so how do you choose what colours you buy and crochet or knit with. Have a look through your stash and see if there is a predominance of one colour. Do the same with your finished projects - do they match? Do you love a rainbow of bright hues, or more subdued tones. How much attention do you pay to the original colour that a garment is knit in when you see a pattern? Tell readers about your love or confusion over colour.


First I was going to photograph my entire stash because "I don't have that much." That turned out to be untrue, so then I thought I would just photograph my recent acquisitions.
To be totally honest, I have more than one skein in some of those colors.

I knew I had been buying more greens lately, and I always have liked blue, so I'm not surprised at all by this picture. One third greens, one third blues, one sixth neutrals, and one sixth brights. I would even bet that if I pulled out my entire stash, it would reflect this buying habit. What I was actually surprised to learn while doing this exercise is that I had deluded myself into thinking that I hadn't bought much yarn recently.

6 comments :

Anonymous said...

If you're still working at that yarn store, I'm not surprised though... it sort of just pops into the bag... seriously, those are very.pretty!! I have stash envy. There's something about a glorious skein of beautifully hand-dyed yarn.

Pumpkin said...

Pretty photo! You have a great stash with some great colors in it.

AC said...

A nice little color wheel!

Cindy said...

Funny, I had the same thought recently and then realized I hadn't bought much but did have a significant stash compliments of some very good friends. Working my way through it.

Anonymous said...

Hmn...I'm the same! My yarn stash is overrun with greens & blues, and then other vibrant colors. Friends advise me that neutrals sell better, which is totally true, but as a yarner I just can't bear it!

peglegparadiddle said...

You have so much pretty yarn! I'm afraid If i pull out my whole stash I'll never get it back in the drawers!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...