Thursday, August 8, 2013

Behind The Curtain

Even though this blog has been a little quiet lately, things have been humming behind the scenes. On Wednesday I met with a printer and talked about paper options for my book. I'm pretty excited about working with this printer since they are located only an hour from where I live, uses soy-based zero-VOC ink, and paper that uses PCW (post consumer waste).
Today was finance day. So the majority of financial things that needed to be put in place for the book are ready to go. The book has also been sent off to my copy editor. So that is all the work you guys can't see. But what you can see is the first phase of my website update. Behold: pattern pages now have a zoom feature! Go ahead: visit the pattern pages and try it out.

Speaking of pattern pages, the pattern index page has also been updated. There is now a nifty side navigation tool that takes you to each category. And now there are some placeholders for future patterns, namely The Book.

Now that the first update is done, I'm working on putting together the update with all the patterns in The Book. That's right. All going well, we are roughly 2 weeks from launching The Book. The current plan is that the ebook portion will be launched alongside a preorder for the print book. Once the preorder is over, we will print the books and start shipping!

6 comments :

Andi G said...

I am so excited for you!

Vivian said...

Two weeks! that's coming down fast and it's almost here!

Anonymous said...

Ah! So exciting!

José said...

Wow, things going really fast now, how exciting ! I will certainy keep me informed about it :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you!!

Jennifer said...

Congratulations! So exciting!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...