Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Knitting Lab = Mojo Restoration

After dealing with the sock that refused to be knit, I lost my knitting and blogging mojo. I was starting to think that I'd never feel better until Tyler and I went to Interweave Knitting Lab in San Mateo. And then this happened. 

Canon Hand Dyes is one of my new favorite yarns and when I found out Amy of CHD was going to be at KnitLab, I was beside myself. And then Pigeonroof was there.... and Knitwit. Here is the evidence of my lack of self control.
The top row is: Freia Ombre Worsted in Denim, and two skeins of Pigeonroof SUPER Sock in Malachite (top) and Dragon Days (bottom)
The bottom row is all the Canon Hand Dyes (L-R): In the William base we have a brown heel toe skein, Vintage Christmas, We're All Mad Here, Etude No.18, and I Desire Nothing But The Reward Of A Villian. The next two skeins are the Charles base in The Prince Of Darkness Is A Gentleman and Days Of Wine And Roses.
The truth is, I wanted more. So much more. I satisfied myself a bit by enabling everyone at the yarn shop later on.

I also talked to Esther who treated me to some stitch markers. I'm super stoked about the Little Prince and Star. We had talked about the Celestarium. It was #1 in her queue and I had the original with me. So naturally one thing led to another and now I have some lovely stitch markers.

I did finally manage to finish the stubborn socks this past week. I'll talk about them soon. Unfortunately I'm not diving into anything new because I'm trying to finish the epic Dad Sweater in time for his birthday. I have less than 4 weeks to do it. I think I can, but I'm currently in the vast wastes of the stockinette body.... and the sock yarn is calling to me.

5 comments :

Anonymous said...

Your Robin Hoodie looks very nice on you! I am still amazed you were able to knit it using that weight yarn. You have magic fingers. Those yarns and the stitch markers are great!! I can't wait to see what you make with them!

Mademoiselle Marie said...

Those yarns are beautiful!!! There isn't a single skein that I wouldn't have picked :) I'm excited to see what you come up with for these. Oh and those stitch markers are amazing - the little prince one is SO cute!

Anonymous said...

Oh. My. Goodness. What an armful of gorgeous!

I totally do this too when I'm frustrated or bored with what I'm working on. Sometimes the carrot of the next project is enough to push you through the one you're on :)

Alicia said...

You just have me a whooooole bunch of new yarns to check out and lust over, those colorways are great! I especially love the ombre skein.

And thanks for your kind comment on my blog. :)

Maryse said...

You certainly got your yarn mojo back! Beautiful yarns! I particularly like the Canon Hand Dyes in the middle in turquoise/green! Gorgeous!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...