Saturday, July 5, 2014

Police Box Sox

It's been some time coming, but I have a new pattern out: Police Box Sox. I've knit several pairs of Tardis-inspired sock patterns, but each time I had to add many modifications to get them to fit my foot. I thought it was high time I write my own version.

These socks feature a 60 and 72 stitch count. But around the stranded color work portion of the sock, the stitches are increased to help accommodate how tight stranded knitting is compared to stockinette. The sock is knit top down with a heel flap, but other heel styles can be used in place of the suggested heel.

And the best part is the price: Free! The pattern can be found on bear-ears.com or on ravelry.

Also, I want to give a shout out to my buddy, Kiwipurler for the Knitsch yarn she gave me for my birthday that went into these socks. It is aptly named "Tennant."

3 comments :

Jennifer said...

Yay, these are wonderful! The Tennent colorway is perfect.

Gracey is not my name.... said...

I've not done any color work, but I just might have to try these socks..thank you

DKnits said...

Congrats on your pattern release Audry! They look like really fun to knit!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...