Sunday, October 12, 2014

Mt. Lowry

The adventures continue! Last weekend I went hiking with Chris, Owen, and Ray to the top of Mt. Lowry. I've started to take pictures of the maps just in case I get turned around.

As expected for a mountain, the first half was up. I was informed that I needed to slow down for the rest of them. It worked for me. I took in the view and got a few pictures of the guys coming up while waiting.

The view at the top was less that impressive. I was amused by the sign though.

We walked another 150 meters down the track and were rewarded by a much better view of the harbor.

Owen kindly took a picture of me having a good old time. I was the last person to receive the picture though. Owen sent it to Dad who sent it to Connor who sent it on to me when I asked for it.

I know that the view of tree ferns is a bit less impressive to the regular New Zealand hikers, but I think it is my favorite bit every time we go out. Something about standing underneath giant ferns make me feel like I've gone back in time.

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

I love the ferns too, and never tire of looking at them. Having had a sneak peek of your Fern Gully socks, I think you have done a great job translating them too!

Alicia said...

I felt the same way about the tree ferns in Costa Rica! I took a zillion pics of them, couldn't get enough!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...