Saturday, February 28, 2015

Stitches West 2015

Per usual, I did a lot of damage this year at Stitches. It was made worse by believing that I'd only get to visit on one of the days. I ended up going three out of four days... As you can see that was a bit of a problem. So without further ado, I give you the 2015 Stitches West damage report.

This year we'll go though everything in the four columns that I've arranged.
In the top left we have two skeins of Twisted Elegance. I was gifted them by my friends Janet and Jennie as a belated birthday gift. (It doesn't count as a purchase, right?) Jennie has recently bought a yarn shop in Medford, Oregon. I can't wait to see what she's done with the place.
Below is a bowl from Jennie the Potter and a neat measuring tape from YOTH yarns that allows you to measure your bust on your own. Pretty nifty.
Below the gown and measuring tape is my annual Thundercloud-colored fiber from Red Fish. I just can't help myself. Every year I need to buy roving that looks like a Thundercloud. This year's blend is 50%Camel and 50%Silk.

In the next column we'll start with the 5 red skeins of Rockwell in the Bing Cherry colorway. I fell down hard at Jill Draper's booth. Below the five red skeins are four more skeins of Rockwell. (Darkest Roast, Lichen, and two skeins in Pacific.) And to procure all this yarn, I visited her booth three times. The first time I got the two skeins of Pacific to make Connor a scarf. The next day I ran into Carol, showed her the booth, sighed over the red. She asked me the magic words, "Do you need a wedding gift?" Who am I to say no to yarn? Thank Carol! After I parted ways with Carol, I snuck over and bought the skein of Darkest Roast and Lichen. I didn't want to seem ungrateful. But I needed those skeins for my own scarf.
Underneath all the Rockwell are six skeins from White Birch Fiber Arts. I was signed up to help at Amy's booth (Canon Hand Dyes) but Lisa (the booth next door) needed the help. I ended up buying the three skeins on the left, but she gifted me the three skeins on the right after I helped he keep up with restocking on Thursday. It was a madhouse! The color ways from left to right are: Sugarbush, Strangefire, Wild Thai Ryder, My Rainbow Can Beat Your Honor Student, Fade to Black, and Does This Rainbow Make My Black Look Big.

The next column has a soap dish and Utensil pot from Kunihiro Pottery. So pretty. The soap dish went to my Mum because her's had fallen apart. The pot went to my future kitchen.
Below that is a pattern for No. 002. I saw the sample at the YOTH booth. Samples work. I usually don't buy patterns, but I got that one.
Next are three skeins from Canon Hand Dyes. From left to right is Silver, Yoga For Elephants, and Etude No.120. I bought the Yoga for Elephants and Silver because I can't find my Yoga For Elephants socks! A tragedy. So really I only bought 1 new skeins because replacement skeins don't count as stash.
Below that are two skeins of Spincycle Yarn's new colorway, Mississippi Marsala in the Dyed In The Wool base. I couldn't help myself. Their yarn is so pretty.

In the last column we start with two cups from the Yarnover truck. Connor and I had been meaning to get reusable cups for tea. I wanted to have cups that didn't have a particular brand of coffee house on it.
Below that is a Japanese Stitch dictionary. I quite liked the patterns in this one, therefore it had to be mine.
Next are three skeins from Anzula. I asked Connor if he'd like a scarf. He said yes, so I handed him two skeins. It seemed especially appropriate because it is in the "For Better Or Worsted" base. He chose the Mariana color way. I got a skein of Squishy in Spruce since I realized I was running short for my wedding shawl. Last are two skeins procured from the Yarnover Truck from Baah La Jolla in the California Poppy and Grape Vine color ways.

So all in all it was a great yarn year. I bought another collection of yarn for a very good friend who reads this blog. Once the package makes it to her, I'll add the additional skeins to this post. I chose well. Connor was tempted to keep a skein for himself.

Edit: The package has now arrived, so here is her haul.

In the top corner is a ball of Opal in the Geographer color way. It was based on Le Petit Prince. The next skein to the right of the Opal is Anzula's Squishy in the Keola colorway. Next up is Dragonfly Fibers in the Dragon Sock base. The coloway is Tourmaline. That one seems to shimmer with color. Next is Miss Babs' Yummy in the Coffee Break colorway. Last in the top row is a skein of Spincycle, Dyed in the Wool in the colorway Venus In Furs. On the bottom left is a skein of White Birch Fiber Arts in the Electric Slide colorway. And at the very bottom are two skeins in the Charles base from Canon Hand Dyes. The top skein is I Am All Astonishment and below that is Yoga For Elephants. It was a lot of fun putting that package together!

3 comments :

Jennifer said...

Wow, beautiful yarn, you really scored! I really need to make it down to Stitches West one of these years...

Cindy said...

You really had a good year! I bought a bit this year, too. Buy since I only went on Friday I was able to be more restrained.

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is fantastic! And such a good range of purchases. I've been eyeing Jill Draper's Rockwell yarns for ages and haven't quite made up my mind about what colour to go with. I'm sure that if I saw them in person I would also fall hard. I'm really looking forward to seeing how it knits up.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...