Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Socktober Knock Out

Whew, October passed by fast! I had all sorts knitting plans, but after dropping multiple stitches on the plain foot of the Sock Lover's Socks and a surprise move at the end of the month (we are in a much better living situation now), I'm just happy to have made it.

I can't believe all the silly mistakes I made while knitting these. They were all my fault. I don't think I will knit with Paton's Kroy in the charcoal color again, though. It was just impossible to see the stitches while I was knitting. The yarn itself is lovely. The color is lovely too, but it is just too dark for me.

Good thing these socks turned out well in the end. It makes all the time worth it.

With no socks on the needles, it was time to dig into the stash and see what I could find. A skein of Miss Bab's Yummy 2-ply in the Biker Chick color way caught my eye. I needed to knit something orange in the fall.

I did have some trouble deciding what pattern would suit this yarn the best. It's variegated and has high contrast, which looks enticing in a skein but can be difficult to match to a pattern. After hemming and hawing, I went ahead and started designing my own. And unlike the last design I just finished up, this one came together almost immediately. What a relief! It was getting a bit disheartening not having any of my knits behave themselves.

6 comments :

Maryse said...

These socks were worth it though! They look great! And the skein of yarn is gorgeous! I look forward to seeing your new pattern!

Anonymous said...

Excellent on all fronts! Good finish on the socks! I am so glad you have new digs!! And I am looking forward to seeing what you did with that gorgeous yarn.

Anonymous said...

Your Sock Lover's Socks look amazing! I can see why you'd rather not knit with the darker yarn again, but it looks fantastic in this combination. Cannot wait to see what design you come up with for that colourway, it's looking very promising all skeined up.

WildflowerWool said...

Love, love, love the finished socks!!

Cindy said...

I love them, too!

DKnits said...

Your socks are incredible Audry! They were definitely worth all your time and effort

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...